Quality and food safety policy
The Management has defined this company policy as a commitment to product quality and safety, formalizing the basic principles and general information that govern it, in compliance with the applicable legislation in force.
To safeguard the quality, safety and healthiness of its products, CARPINETO SRL adopts a company management system, certified according to the IFS standard, as the basic tool for achieving its results.
The company identifies three strategic points in the Food Quality and Safety Policy to be pursued with absolute priority:
- the introduction into the commercial network of products that meet regulatory, authenticity and safety requirements food, with high quality and health hygienic standards
- customer satisfaction to be achieved through full compliance with the requirements and needs the preparation of a strategic plan for the development and continuous improvement of the culture of food safety which involves all areas of the production site at all levels.
The Top Management also adopts the following strategies to achieve increasingly higher quality and food safety standards:
- good corporate image maintained through cleanliness and hygiene of all the premises of the plant and of the staff, means of transport; technical quality, presentation, correct conservation of the product;
- preparation of a mitigation plan for FOOD DEFENSE (to reduce the probability of malicious acts, limit the impact and consequences of such attacks, protect the reputation of the company brand, reassure consumers, public opinion and the press that appropriate measures are in place to protect consumers, comply with international requirements and encourage the work of business partners) and for FOOD FRAUD;
- empowerment of Suppliers and the consolidation of collaborative relationships with them so that they continuously supply raw materials respecting the agreed standards also in relation to the new requests on the prevention of possible food fraud;
- demand for increasingly higher quality standards from its suppliers;
- use of raw materials that have high quality characteristics not deriving from GMO materials;
- planning of company activities in order to make company processes more efficient;
- specialization and training of internal production personnel and individual responsibility for product quality and safety
- involvement of employees in the continuous improvement of the process and product while respecting ethical and safety principles within the company;
- speed and precision in processing orders;
- compliance with the laws and regulations in force;
- correct application of the Self-Control Plan (Prerequisites, HACCP) and management of CCPs;
- measurement of the adequacy, compliance and effectiveness of the Quality and Food Safety Management System through internal and external inspections and by third parties through audits carried out by Certification Bodies, official control bodies, as well as Customers;
- availability and visibility of the recordings, data that constitute objective proof of the quality of the product and of the operational safety control carried out by the company;
- continuous monitoring of the service offered to the Customer, in order to obtain its improvement;
- assurance that the manufacturing and packaging process takes place in fully controlled conditions, and in environments that guarantee compliance with the product requirements;
- statistical analysis of data relating to sampling carried out on the raw material and/or finished product, data relating to pest monitoring and data relating to the quality of the product supplied to the customer;
- definition of ever new measurable objectives for greater involvement of all staff.
Regarding the last point, for the year 2023 the company intends to pursue the following primary objectives which are summarized below:
Product safety objectives:
- increase productivity and efficiency by reducing the number of bottling NCs with the purchase of a new bottling line
- increase product safety by guaranteeing the absence of foreign bodies in the bottle and the absence of broken bottles inside the monobloc
- guarantee food safety from allergen risk by carrying out analyzes on the product maintain compliance of SO2 levels for the release of the product
- guarantee greater safety regarding the use of pesticides on the product by obtaining organic certification.
keep quality complaints about products to a minimum
open to the market through the production of a line of organically
certified products, increase total turnover compared to the previous year.
What has been said cannot ignore the following values:
compliance with the various CCNL
good maintenance of relations with the RSUs
non-discrimination based on age, sex, religion or political opinion
checks on contractors for employee regularities
- compliance with laws (written and unwritten) so as to create relationships of trust with the entire set of stakeholders to obtain a better reputation.
Sustainibility and respect for the Environment:
- reduction of air emissions
- correct waste disposal management
- waste water discharge in compliance with current regulations
- reduction of acoustic impact
- Viva and ISO 14001 certification.
Safety in the Workplace:
- in order to reduce injuries and accidents at work, the company has trained its staff and provided them with the relevant PPE.
This policy is communicated at all levels by posting within the company and disseminated through a meeting with staff. All staff are asked to participate, in relation to their skills, in achieving the company objectives set in this declaration.
Greve in Chianti, Jan. 10th /23